End the extinction
Send the letter to help protect wildlife today!
30x30 is Canada's top goal to halt and reverse nature loss.
Nature as we know it is in crisis. Protecting 30 percent of our land, freshwater and ocean is Canada’s nature challenge and we can’t do it without your voice.
With the imminent threats of climate change and biodiversity loss, we’re facing an environmental catastrophe like never before. Urgent action is needed, but Canadian laws and policies for protecting nature are falling short.
Populations of Canada’s most endangered species have declined by more than 50 percent over the last fifty years and continue to impacted yearly. The wildlife we know and love is undeniably disappearing from the Canadian landscape and some species, like the Vancouver Island marmot, cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
Be a voice for nature. You can help by asking decision-makers for an action plan to halt and reverse nature loss that includes:
- Permanent funding for the protection of nature. To reach our 30x30 goal, permanent funding is needed to ensure ongoing protection and recovery of nature.
- Support for Indigenous-led conservation. Indigenous rights and leadership in their territories is a critical aspect of wildlife conservation. We must support the Indigenous-led establishment and ongoing management of Indigenous Protected and Conserved Areas (IPCAs) and Indigenous Guardian programs to heal the land and advance reconciliation.
- Plans to save critical ecosystems like grasslands, forests, wetlands and ocean. The ongoing damage to wetlands, grasslands, old-growth forests, and the ocean must be stopped and restoration plans developed to allow nature to recover.
- Access to Nature for all. Protection and restoration efforts should help cities expand urban forest cover and make green space and parks more accessible and welcoming for everyone, including racialized communities and others facing systemic barriers.
To halt and reverse nature loss, our forests, oceans, grasslands, and other ecosystems urgently need protection. We must all ensure that our government upholds its promises to defend and restore nature before it’s too late. Add your voice for nature now by sending a letter.
Read the letter
Take a second to review our message below and feel free to add your own personal touch. All fields are editable.
This letter will be sent to:
- Minister of Environment, Conservation and Parks, David Piccini
- Minister of Environment and Climate Change, Steven Guilbeault
- Your local MP